Re: apt list

As I understand, the information is stored in the apt cache. You can use:

apt-shell
  where you get an ftp-like shell and you can do "ls" and so forth
  (including help)

apt-iselect
  download a script from
  http://www.rot13.org/~dpavlin/apt-iselect.html
  that does pretty much the same thing, but also gives you information

apteryx
  Haven't tried this, may not work under RH.
  http://www.internetlab.org/apteryx/

There are others, I expect.

Erich

On Wed, 17 Dec 2003, Stephen D. Reindl wrote:

> Is there a list of the rpms in an apt repository that a person could
> look through when they aren't positive what a package is called?
>
> Steve

Erich Schroeder                    Phone: (217)785-0033
Curator, Information Technologies  FAX:   (217)785-2857
Illinois State Museum GIS Lab      email:erich(at)illinois.state.museum
                 http://illinois.state.museum/