Re: new user doesn't crash

On Sat, 2003-10-25 at 16:41, Robert G. (Doc) Savage wrote:

> As root you should be able to tar off whatever data and configuration
> files you want to keep from /home/steve. Blow that directory away,
> rename /home/newuser to /home/steve, and chown everything in that branch
> to steve:steve

The tarball is already done. I had a suspicion that this was what had to
be done, therefore the tarball. I wasn't sure that just blowing away the
directory structure would do it.

> Do you have an UPS to isolate your machine from power glitches?

No. The plan now is to recover and set a cron job to archive at least
weekly. I have been unemployed since May so purchasing a UPS is not in
the picture yet. Anyone need to buy or sell a home?

Steve
oh yea, thanks

One more question, does anyone have a Cisco IOS simulator I could borrow
for a few months. I googled for an emulator and found a few but once
again they are all for sale............
I think the school has one but I'm pretty sure they don't want to share.
I could just drive to Granite City everyday and configure their routers
but that's alot of miles for something that could be done at home with
the right software.