Re: Ghost-like software

Bill wrote:
> >Norton Ghost is a software package that makes image copies of harddrives.
> And Ghost 2003 works just fine on EXT2/3 partitions....
> ftp://ftp.systemec.nl/Utils/Ghost/ghost2k3.exe (you'd better virus-scan this
> before using it!)

BTW, I believe that is a copyrighted program and that Symantec requires a
license fee to be paid in order to use. I don't think they authorized that
site to produce and distribute copies.

That said, I think their choice of licensing stinks. What licensing would I
prefer? The GPL of course. But it's their software, they get to choose how
to license it. Anyone is free to "clean room" a GPL'd version if they'd like.
And yes, Virginia, there is GPL software for Windows. The Cygwin API library
comes to mind for starters.

Facilitating software piracy is no joke. Just ask the RIAA. Or that 12-year-old
girl from New Jersey who will be paying off her $2,000 "settlement" instead
of for her college tuition.

I couldn't help but notice, Bill, that you're also Charter subscriber. :=)
Did you catch that last episode of  "Are you being served?"

Mike/