Re: Novell buys Ximian

I second.  This is a very good thing IMO and I tip my hat in their
direction.

linux could be the definate ms killer with nds and as bob suggests, an
outlook/exchange killer

Im sure my expirences with novell are different than other peoples, but any
novell server i have been involved with has always just worked for years and
years without issue unless there was a hardware problem.  the machines with
the longest uptimes that i have seen in person have all been netware boxes
hitting the 4+ yr mark. (i have no experience with linux boxes having > 1yr
uptime, i know they exist i have just never seen one in RL that i was aware
of)

i look forward to good things stemming out from this aquisition

Casey