Re: Linux/RedHat documentation

On Mon, 14 Jul 2003 08:41:57 -0500, bob@evilkat.com wrote:

>from what little i played with it lycoris seemed to be an extremely
>simple to install and get up and going system.  It didn't have
>enough choice for me to use but i've got my parents using it and
>they like it.  Might was to give it a try, personally I like to have
>choice of which program i use to get the job done (i use
>windowmaker, mutt, and eterm so the usual defaults of kde and
>evolution is mildly repulsive)

I generally agree with liking to have choices. In my friend's case he's not a
"computer guy" and just wants it to get a job done with a minimum of
tinkering. The computer itself is definitely not is hobby or his job. His
point was that since nothing in the installation gives you much of a clue as
to whether you might want a particular desktop or application he thought that
for a newcomer taking the plunge it would be less stressful to just load one
flavor of things at first and then let people learn a little at a time.

Tim