OT: Slide Rules (used to) rule! (Was: OT: power supplies suck)

Yea!  I still have my Picket Log-Log Duplex!  I learned how to do
*everything* on it just before going to College (UM-Rolla).  Before ever
attending a class there, it was replaced by my T.I. SR-50 calculator.

I'm still trying to reclaim those "how slide rules work" brain cells.  8-)

Keep the slide rules.  Perhaps they'll be collectors items.  I have my
Dad's (he used it circa 1938) displayed in my office.  And, yes, I can do
a few things on it still.

I have an abacus, too, but that's another thread.  8-)

Chas