Re: OT: floppy drives suck (was Re: OT: power supplies suck)

On Fri, 2003-05-23 at 15:35, Steven Pritchard wrote:
> Well, you know, after that rant, it turned out it wasn't the old power
> supply at all.  There must be a short in the floppy drive.  (Figure
> that one out...)  Both power supplies failed to power up the system or
> light up the tester as long as the floppy was connected...  With
> *everything* else in the box connected, either one worked fine.

Steve,

Your tester must be quite different from mine. Mine plugs into the
20-pin ATX connector on the cable coming from the PS. The floppy may as
well be in Cleveland.

See http://www.3dcool.com/?module=product&sku=ATX-PowerSupplyTester.
Incidentally, my voltmeter isn't very big and doesn't take up much space
in my toolbox, but five of these little gizmos could fit in its place.

Whatever was wrong with your floppy drive or controller must have been
affecting the PS control voltage.

--Doc