Re: Anyone studying for Cisco certs?

> What's not to believe?  I'll admit I have limited experience with other
> types of firewalls, but I'm willing to learn.

I'll answer for Mike808 while he is gibbering.  PIX are terrible for their
lack fo stateful packet inspection.  Many firewalls have this, Checkpoint
FW-1, IP Filter, etc.  A pix might be good for internal blocking where you
really don't need all that much, but occasionally the mess up your QoS
and CoS rules.  I am not sure if they can even do IP spoof checking, which
is nice so that you can't get people to flood your network with spoofed
packets causing a reflective drop attack.

Tighe

--
Tighe Schlottog         workape         fiaid
"Nothing is too cruel if it is funny enough."