Re: X-11 forwarding, ssh, multiple hosts

Logically it will work:

unencrypted -> tunnel ingress -> encrypted traffic -> tunnel egress ->
unencrypted

once it is at the other end, the other tunnel should pick it up and it
should run through all the stages again.  Although, there is a small
chance that you are exposing the data if someone is able to catch the
packets in an unencrypted state.  If it works this way, I can't think
straight right now.  Sooooo sleepy....

tighe

> William,
>
> Can you daisy-chain (or pipe??) SSH sessions like this, each with
> different keys? I seem to recall AOL 6.0 users running into similar
> problems when trying to establish SSL sessions to distant hosts using
> encrypted dial-in links. They had to fall back to AOL 5.0 until it was
> fixed.
>
> --Doc
>
> > All,
> >   Need a little help with X-Forwarding....
> >
> > ssh w/X-tunnel: ClientA <-> ServerA works
> > ssh w/X-tunnel: ServerA <-> ServerB works
> > ssh w/X-Tunnel: ClientA <-> ServerA <-> ServerB fails... :-(
> >
> > Anyone out there have explicit, written directions on the appropriate
> > environment settings and commands for enabling this function?  All
> > clients are Solaris 9, all servers are Solaris 9, all ssh products are
> > F-Secure.
> >
> > F-Secure is _not_ helpful...  And no, this in not a good opportunity to
> > push OSS products...

Tighe Schlottog         workape         fiaid
"Nothing is too cruel if it is funny enough."