Re: Stupid (?) question #42

On Tue, Apr 22, 2003 at 09:45:15PM -0500, Charlie Brune wrote:
> My problem is that it doesn't pick up the text in the text input box
> called "charlie".
[...]
> <?php
> echo $charlie;
> ?>

I thought they changed this in RH8, but globals are off by default in
PHP now.  Your two choices now are to revert back to the old insecure
behavior by setting "register_globals = on" in /etc/php.ini, or you
have to use $HTTP_GET_VARS["charlie"] instead of $charlie.

Of course, since I'm a perl guy and all, I may have some of the
details wrong...  :-}