Re: problems with making rpm's

On Monday 07 April 2003 06:35 am, you wrote:
> Jonathan,
>
> I remember someone talking about how SuSE makes their rpms and the FS
> layout and how patches are developed on the SuSE-linux-e discuss list
> on SuSE's website. I don't remember everything about it, but I know
> there are several archives of the list around the web (searchable)
> and SuSE keeps an archive on their site too, (I don't think it's
> searchable) :(

Hello Travis (and others):

 I finally got the RPM built. Mike808 gave valuable assistance by making
a crucial patch. At any rate I am really happy. Now I can take a SuSE
src.rpm (they are on CD's 6 and 7) for the app I want to build. Strip
that source RPM of it's old tarball and install the new tarball. Look
at the patch file and see if the patches are relevant to the new
version. Make the necessary changes, which were not too drastic for
this app, and install the new RPM : ). It's wonderful to have the
source RPMS. I like it.

							Kind regards
							Jonathan

P.S. The relevant source RPMS material is in the SuSE reference manual.