PPP

So I have this USB data cable for my SprintPCS phone. RH 8.0 recognizes
it as ACM and loads the driver(s) and assigns it to /dev/input/ttyACM0

I fire up kppp and there is no /dev/input/ttyACM0 but there is
/dev/usb/ttyACM0 in the modem drop down list. So I link
/dev/input/ttyACM0 to /dev/usb/ttyACM0 and attempt to establish a
connection. I get modem not found (or similar)

WTF?

Steve

Maybe a good troubleshooting exercise for the LUG meeting Thursday?

This is a digitally signed message part