Re: NFS mount error

> The preferred response to a simple question is a simple answer. OK?

But then you wouldn't learn anything, now would you?

I don't think it benefits SLUUG to be a free help desk for folks too lazy to
read the manuals themselves or be bothered with complicated command-lines.

> You apparently presume that my use of NFS means I know nothing about its
> inner workings and that I'm ignorant about security. Wrong.

Given that this is *exactly* the kind of posting that we've seen in this forum
over and over and over and over again (people who post questions and know
nothing about inner workings and are just looking for free help desk support and
can't be bothered with actually knowing anything or how to learn for
themselves), you sir, must be the exception to a very well supported reasonable
conclusion.

And from your other post, you claim you found that nfsd wasn't running.
You'd think that someone as knowledgeable as you claim to be about the "inner
workings" of NFS and its security would have checked to see if the nfs server
was even running before asking for help here, no? Puhleeeeze.

Mike808/