Re: Can't DNAT with iptables

On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 04:47:31PM -0600, Dan Fleischer wrote:
> I added the following rule immediately after the one above, but to no
> avail:
>
> $IPTABLES -A FORWARD -p tcp -d 192.168.1.106 --dport 22 -j ACCEPT
>
> What do you think I should look for next?

I'm not quite sure.  Feel free to send me the output of the following
(to the list or privately):

    iptables -nL --line-numbers
    iptables -t nat -nL --line-numbers

That should be enough to figure it out...

> > BTW, not that it would really help in this instance, but you might
> > want to look at this:
> >
> >     http://www.kspei.com/projects/genfw/
> >
> I appreciate the offer, but I kind of want to understand the nuts and
> bolts 1st before considering that route.

It might help with that too...  If you set everything up and just run
"genfw", it just spits out a shell script with all the appropriate
iptables commands.