Re: Linux on 486DX/33 with 4MB RAM

Wow!  That's pretty good.

Yeah, Ioaded Slackware 8.1 on a P133 wiith 32MB of RAM.  It was just
barely usable with the stock kernel (works great with Opera - too
slow for Mozilla). Of course you could just forget Mandrake or Red
Hat on this hardware.   I had a notebook, P100 32MB RAM, that I
loaded Tiny Linux on.  Works great!  It's based on Slackware 4.  I
had no cdrom or networking.  I used diskette to load a base and then
PLIP and NFS to get the rest.  The hard drive is 660MB and I have
used less than half and I have most of the stuff I'd need on a road
trip (since adding a network card).

=====
http://linux.usi.edu:8080/LUG  Web Log
http://linux.usi.edu/rat/  My Page