Re: I was just thinking...

On Fri, Feb 21, 2003 at 04:30:41PM -0600, john doe wrote:
> lock them in a closet ;}

there are laws against locking users in air tight closets for long periods
unfortunately, now if the user accidentally locks themselves in said air tight closet or in a tape safe thats a whole other matter

> or just keep enough on hand that when (l)user is having trouble, you just
> dropship them a replacement box, have them ship the other one back to you,
> you throw it on the shelf

oh you were talking about locking the boxes in a closet, but if you drop shiped them from your office then they would know who put the bomb in the box wouldn't they??

> or find some other company willing to do it for you

now that can get really expensive, and it's hard to keep coming up with reasons why you need that much small unmarked cash, i couldn't cover a cleaner for just one user on my salery

fiad the pirate wrote:
> >yeah, i would do this but it would mean that i would need to support 200+
> >of them.  no joy.

wait a sec, they don't let the users talk to you, so what the problem??

<plug>just have steve build you 200+ vpn boxen and set them all up with apt and forget about them</plug>, if the user has problems they will call tech support, and if you have problems you can always just stop by and give steve a visit, hehe

Bob T. Kat

--
Rob: 	The early bird gets the worm buck
Bucky: 	Right, and the afternoon cat lets