Re: I was just thinking...

do the vpn boxes yourself...

msi hermes 845gl (nice small barebone box with onboard intel nic)
celery 1.7
256 mb pc2100
20 gig hard drive
intel or 3com for secondary nic
cdrom

all for under 500 a pop hardware wise

for software either buy into smoothwall (smoothwall.co.uk) or run ipcop (or
do as i did for a small 5 way vpn, homebrew freebsd setup), or throw
together your own *nix solution

just get your connectivity from them, build your own vpn