Xandros, Lindows, etc.

Jeff, comments?

Have you read http://www.xandros.com/debian.html ?

The link is from http://www.xandros.com/desktop.html where they
describe the advantages of Xandros and from
http://www.xandros.com/xandrosadv.html where they detail them.
And on http://www.xandros.com/contributing.html where they rank Debian
#2 on the list of people who make the distro possible.

OTOH, I couldn't find *one word* about Debian on Lindows site.
Maybe Lindows is whispering sweet nothings into Debian's ear,
but nobody else knows about it, that's for sure. At least Xandros puts
their praise for Debian right out front on their website where everyone
can read it.

Maybe you shouldn't be so harsh on them. Again, I'm of the opinion you're
basing your view of Xandros on their Corel heritage. Maybe some of the
above might offer a different view of Xandros through your Debian-colored
lenses.

Xandros announced that a free trial of Win4Lin is out on their
XandrosNetworks for the folks who already have Windows (likely if they
use the "resize XP partition" feature) or where WINE+Codeweavers isn't
good enough.

Also, this poster notes below that CW and WINE is being pulled from Lindows.
(although it is in the Click'N'Run).

jquinlan Posted on Dec 26, 2002 7:52 pm to a Xandros Users Forum