Re: OT: SANS 2002

On Mon, 9 Dec 2002, Steven Pritchard wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 09:26:29PM -0600, Sean The RIMBoy" wrote:
> > For the love of Bob, please stay far away from Larry McVoy. If ever
> > someone deserved a kicking....
>
> He actually seems decent enough in person, even if it did seem to only
> take him like 10 seconds to forget my name the last time I talked to
> him...

Behold:

http://www.rickbradley.com/tour/

The Annual Monty Widenius Ass-Kicking Tour

Larry's in there.  Be sure to click the link to "What More?"

Now that said, Larry's other proof is obviously the BK licensing thread...
which incidentally turned us off on BK because other developers cannot
risk having their license yanked on the off chance they add a patch or
develop rcs type systems.  Note, I was not advocating BK... I hardly use
any of the available rcs tools as it is.  Furthermore, his spout offs
about security in BK makes one wonder what it is they're really doing.
At least IMO.

> > Now back to the regularly scheduled RH7.3+XFS install in progress...
>
> You should try a 8.0+XFS install, if they have an update for it.  Then
> you could do LVM+XFS and resize mounted filesystems.  Whee.

It's oh so tempting.  Very tempting.  I just can't bring myself to running
a RH .0 release though. :/

Sean...

--
Believing I had supernatural powers, I slammed into a brick wall.
	--Paul Simon