Re: Wireless Support

On 22 Nov 2002 00:33:25 -0600
 John Bell <john.bell@borg-hive.net> wrote:
>I've encountered a problem and I think its the WAP.  Occasionally, when
>I boot my laptop I get a wrong DHCP address.  This happens about 20% of
<snip
>base on this?  If this is the case I think the only way to permanently
>solve my problem is a different wap.

According to page 47 of the downloadable manual from Linksys.com, the wap11
does not have a built in dhcp server.  Perhaps you are experiencing overlap
from a neighboring WLAN.  Does it happen without regard to physical position
within your house, of just in certain areas, like only in your living room,
or only in the back bedroom, or something like that?  All this is assuming
that you actually have the Linksys WAP11 model access point...

>Thanks,
>John

Welcome,
William