Subject: RE:Case ID: 241228
From: Robert Savage <dsavage@peaknet.net>
Date: Wed, November 20, 2002 6:28 pm
To: <ustech@dlink.com>

Norman,

"Unfortunately, we do not have Linux drivers and most likely dlink will
never come out with one."

That's a fairly harsh statement. Can you tell me why D-Link would choose
not to support a globally established operating system with millions of
users like Linux? Why ignore an operating system so openly supported by
giant corporations like IBM, Dell, and Oracle? I can understand why
D-Link would want to support Windows, but why be so flagrantly hostile
to Linux? No profit can come from such a bad attitude.

If you don't want our money, could D-Link please publish its products'
internal architecture information so that open-source Linux drivers can
be written under the GNU Public License? This would make it possible for
D-Link to expand its sales of DWL and DI products beyond the
Windows-only market without spending a dime. Companies like Adaptec,
Linksys, Lucent, AMI, and many others routinely make their technical
information available open-source software developers who write and
maintain hundreds of device drivers for Linux, UNIX, BSD, BeOS, and many
other non-Windows operating systems.

V/R
"Valued Customer"