Re: sendmail...

i thought it was there as well, but it doesnt seem to be

here is the situation, i let redhat automake its partitions during the setup
of this machine, it made a 250 meg /var partition and a 10 gig /usr
/var is strapped due to email use

i have /var/spool/mail mounted to /usr/mail (mount -o bind)
/var/spool/mqueue is mounted to /usr/mqueue
and /var/tmp is mounted to /usr/vartmp

when i send a message to myself, and check df, the /var partition fills up
... then i suppose the file gets moved to my mailbox in /var/spool/mail as
the disk space is then freed in /var

i just cannot figure out where in /var that temp file is being written, as i
want to move it so that it too is mounted to another folder in /usr so that
it wont fill up /var

this is temporary until i can get the new mail server up and working with a
much larger /var and every one's mailbox being in /home/username/maildir

casey