Re: download "accelerators"

On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 11:06:19AM -0500, I wrote:
> It looks like there are currently 7 ISO downloads going...  If it goes
> much higher, I'll probably look at limiting the number of simultaneous
> downloads so that everyone can finish sometime this week.

I noticed that we were up to 16 simultaneous downloads, so I put in a
cap at 10...  Well, when I did "service xinetd reload", it killed off
all the ftpds running.  Oops.

This would probably be a good time to remind everyone that rsync has
built-in support for resuming, checksums everything so you don't have
to worry about corrupted downloads, etc.  The command to download all
the ISO images (and you really only need the first 3, BTW) would be
this:

    rsync -avP rsync://ftp.silug.org/redhat/linux/8.0/en/iso/i386/. .

Assuming you want to download into the current directory, that is.