Re: download "accelerators"

On Mon, 30 Sep 2002, Tony Zafiropoulos wrote:

> On Mon, 30 Sep 2002, Steven Pritchard wrote:
> >
> > Whoever you are...  Let me know when you have that crap shut off, and
> > I'll allow you to access the server again.
>
> What exactly did this person do???
>
> Start several iso downloads?  Thus eating all of your bandwidth?

Well, no. That's what that software is for.  When bandwidth is capped per
connection.  Our cap isn't per connection, so 1 person or 4, bandwidth
doesn't change.  What does change is all the extra processes hogging CPU
and memory resources.  Regardless, whether it is to hog all the bandwidth
or to unecessarily bog down the server, it's a crappy reason and such
software should die.

Director of Exam Development            http://www.lpi.org/