From: "greg" <frog@intertek.net>
To: <silug-discuss@silug.org>
Sent: Monday, September 23, 2002 10:04 PM
Subject: Re: New install hangs on boot up

> You may need to hand edit lilo.conf and change /dev/hda  to  /dev/hda1 or
whatever is appropriate for where the boot image is stored, I've had that
problem before with SuSE.

> Stephen D Reindl wrote:
>
> > I've had this problem before. Which bootloader did you install. LILO. I
> > could be way off base here but it might possibly be a geometry problem.
> > LILO seems to have a problem with the newer BIG drives. Is this a dual
> > boot? Although the kernel should see past the BIOS did you enable block
> > mode? You don't want that.
> >
> > Just food for thought.Or for ignoring.
> >
> > Steve
> >
> > On Sat, 2002-09-21 at 11:56, Michael Cubley wrote:
> > > I have just installed RedHat 7.2 on a 40 GB Maxtor drive.  The install
went fine.  It was partitioned automatically into three partitions. When I
try to boot, the system hangs (can't ctrl-alt-del) at the partition check
for hda.  Anyone have any ideas?  fdisk says that the partition info is ok.
Thanks for any help you can give.