Re: HTML editors

On Wed, Aug 21, 2002 at 07:29:46PM -0500, Charlie Brune wrote:
> Does anyone have a favorite WYSIWYG editor for web page design that I
> could find in my Red Hat distribution?

Oddly enough, I think Mozilla is my favorite so far.  It even has an
option (that I highly recommend turning on) to use styles instead of

The most promising one is definitely quanta, at least in theory.  In
practice, it seems to suck.  Hopefully it will better in the next Red
Hat release...

OpenOffice is almost usable for HTML, and the HTML it generates isn't
as mind-numbingly awful as what most word processors usually come up
with, but it still is pretty bad.

> (... vi doesn't count.  Neither does cat).  8-)

(g)vim is actually rather nice for editing HTML, as long as you don't
add code to it with something like Mason.  That makes the syntax
highlighting get *really* weird.