Re: Linux Installation

> I am very new to this Linux world and infact very new to System
> administration.

Welcome then!  It all goes down hill from here?  Oops....did I just say
that?

> I read lot of articles about Linux. I tried putting Linux on
> one of my Pentium 450Mhz box. It says 'Boot Failed' when i try to put the
> Linux cd and It is also not booting from Floppy. But I am able to boot other
> OS like Win2K, Win98.

What is the boot order in your bios set to?  It should be CDROM, Floppy,
HD if you are wanting to do an install off of the cd.  When you say that
you are able to boot into other OS's on the machine, are they already on
there or are you trying to install them as well?  While it isn't very
likely, there is an off chance that you have some corrupted media.  Was
this store bought or self burned?

If it wouldn't be a bother could you put up the hardward that you are
working on?  Would be helpful to see if there are any conflicts.

> Kindly help me in crossing this hurdle and start my Linux experience.

:)

tighe

--
Tighe		w00t		blumnky