From: silug-discuss-owner@silug.org
[mailto:silug-discuss-owner@silug.org] On Behalf Of KoReE
Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 3:48 PM
To: silug-discuss@silug.org
Subject: Re: Saint Louis area Broadband

On another note with this, I can say that my friend called *MANY* DSL
and
cable providers today, and absolutely none were Linux-friendly.  In
fact,
they weren't anything but Windows friendly.  They were even skeptical of
Macs.  More than one actually told her that Linux wouldn't work with
their
system.

Koree
____________________________________
Koree A. Smith  | Ameth Technologies
koree@koree.net | koree@ameth.org
     http://www.koree.net/

I was walkin' down the street,
when I thought I heard this voice say,
"Say, ain't we walkin' down the same street,
together on the very same day",
And I said,
"Hey senorita, that's astute", I said,
"Why don't we get together and call ourselves an institute"

On Tue, 2 Jul 2002, William Underwood wrote:

> "KoReE" wrote:
> >Can anyone suggest a good broadband provider for the St Louis area?
 DSL
> >or Cable either one would be fine.
>
> Cable: Only one, Charter.  www.charter.com
> DSL: SBC www.sbc.com, Ameritech www.ameritech.com, ACPI www.acpi.net,
> PlantNet www.plantnet.com, plus, the one you REALLY want, AOL
www.aol.com!

> I am using, and recommend, Charter cable service.  I know Steve
Pritchard

http://shopnow.netscape.com/