Re: majordomo problems?

On Mon, Jul 01, 2002 at 01:05:27PM -0500, Bob T. Kat wrote:
> This is the first mail on silug I've gotten since Friday, I think

There was a post or two over the weekend, but certainly not much...

> I haven't posted anything so I an not for certain, how is majordomo
> being weird??

One of the majordomo processes (that is supposed to be short-lived)
will just start consuming memory until it exhausts its virtual memory
(at 2GB) and dies.

The box is so fast now that this happens in a fairly short period of
time, so I almost didn't notice it happening.  Also, since the
upgrade, it has over 3GB total virtual memory, so chewing 1.5GB or so
of swap doesn't cause any problems.  :-)

My two thoughts at the moment are that either the system instability
that led to the upgrade caused some database corruption issues (that
db3 isn't handling well), or that the upgrade to Red Hat 7.3 that I
did while I conveniently had the system down in the middle of the
night is causing some sort of problem.