Re: apt rpm no authentication

On Wed, May 15, 2002 at 04:58:25PM -0500, Bob T. Kat wrote:
> i am trying to run apt on redhat 7.3 and pointing the sources.list to
> silug, i am getting an error of
> W: http://ftp.silug.org/pub/apt/ will not be authenticated

It's just a warning.

You're supposed to be able to authenticate the repository with gpg,
but the last time I tried to get that working, it looked like the
current (Conectiva) version of apt had some bugs.

I've been told by one of my Debian expert friends that stuff like that
works much better in the current version of apt, so hopefully that'll
get rpm support sometime soon.

> oh and thanks for the thought on gnorpm steve, i hadn't used that for a
> while (last time i tried it was real buggy), i was hoping for something
> in the dselect or curses form but gnorpm isn't to bad,

I'm sure there's something like that out there, but I haven't seen it.
Then again, I haven't looked too hard.

If you find something, be sure to let us all know.