Re: Can anyone explain

On Fri, Mar 29, 2002 at 02:51:39PM -0600, Stephen D Reindl wrote:
> I installed Ogle and it works fine. I noticed something really weird though.
> It appears on all four of my desktops simultaneously. Is that normal? A bug
> perhaps?

Just a wild guess, but do you happen to have an ATI video card?  If
XFree86 supports hardware MPEG decoding on your card (like it does on
all of the newer ATI cards), the ogle window bypasses the window
manager.  If you watch carefully, the window decorations should only
show up on one desktop, although the contents of the window show up on
all desktops.  (You also can't minimize the window.)

The same thing happens with xine and aviplay, BTW.