Re: Linux & Wireless networking

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Alan Wilson wrote:

> Ok, a dumb question:  Are these compatibile with each other, or must one
> stick to the same brand the whole trip?

Well, we have the Netgear Access Point and the Orinoco Gold PCMCIA cards.
I believe some PCMCIA cards have issues with one another, but for the most
part, they work fine. Steven will remember before I will, but we did have
trouble once getting our Orinoco cards on with someone elses PCI setup I
think...

So, the answer is maybe :-)

Director of Exam Development            http://www.lpi.org/