Re: RH and postfix

On Mon, Dec 10, 2001 at 12:37:16PM -0600, Gary wrote:
> I just got RH 7.2 and will be installing it on one of my HDs, and
> laptop, but it seems that the default mail deamon is sendmail. I
> switched to postfix long ago, as it it much easier to config and play
> with (maybe I just understood it better <g>),

No, it really is easier, and it is almost certainly more secure.  If I
didn't have quite so much time invested into learning/tweaking
sendmail, I would probably switch to postfix.

> anyway, from my understanding, postfix *was* available in the RH
> toolkit. As far as I know, there is no toolkit in 7.2. I tried the RH
> site, but could not find anything.. Does anyone know where I could get
> a Rh rpm for postfix?

    http://www.rpmfind.net/linux/rpm2html/search.php?query=postfix

Also, http://www.postfix.org/packages.html points to this site for
rpms: