Tonight's meeting

Sorry... I can't make tonight's meeting.

BUT, I do volunteer to make a presentation on Kylix ("Delphi for Linux") at an
upcoming meeting.  Kylix is a GUI-based development environment for X-Windows.
It's kind of like Visual Basic (VB).

I'd be happy to do it in January.  Or whenever.  I have version 1.0 and I'm
going to order version 2.0 soon.

A few thoughts about the meeting place:
-- Does the library have *any* sort of projector?
-- Do they perhaps have a big-screen TV on a cart?  Maybe we could figure out a
way to hook a laptop up to it.  Then we wouldn't need the (expensive) projector.

... and a few thoughts about the meetings:
-- We do need an agenda each time.  People need to know what's going to be
discussed.
-- Each meeting needs a facilitator.  Someone to make sure we cover the agenda.
-- After we cover the agenda items, then we can (and should!) just visit and
have a BS session about Linux, our kids, the weather, or whatever else happens
to be on our minds.

Here's a sample of what I'm thinking about:

      AGENDA

-- Introductions
-- What's new with Linux?
-- Presentation(s):
   >>> Kylix ("Delphi for Linux") by Charlie Brune
-- Beginner's Corner
   >>> [Insert at least one EACH month for the newbie, like "what file systems
do I need?"]
-- Decide on presentations for next month's meeting
-- Questions and Answers
   >>> Questions left over from last month's meeting (stuff that had to be
researched)
   >>> New questions  (Don't be shy!  No question is too basic!)
-- Adjourn (let the BS session/pizza/beer/whatever begin!!!)

Thanks for reading this far.  8-)

Charlie  8-)