Re: Kernel Network drivers and such

>That was me, sorry I haven't replied sooner, I just haven't got on the list,
>250 messages a day from SecFocus + plus work related messages is enough for me.
>While I am interested in kernel complition (I haven't done any yet.), my
>questions were more in line with using built-in drivers to recognize more than
>one card of the same type in one machine.  For instance, say I had 3 3COM 3C59X
>cards, all set to non-PNP, with hard set resource settings in one machine (I've
> tried it before, and had problems.).  How do we get Linux to recognize that we
> have multiple adapters with the same driver?  (My system at that time was RH
>7.0, stock kernel.)

Heh, i know.  I am on most the secfocus mailings, between those and this
list lately i am getting about way to many mesages a day.  Using
multi-NIC's in machien isn't that hard, you need to edit the modules file
in /etc, forgive me I am sitting in front of a solaris machine and the
linux box that I am on doesn't have a modules.conf.  But, essentially you
are goin to need to feed the machine the irq's and other hw information in
that file.  the modules.conf manpage has some more information.  I think
that I'll bring my linux box tomorrow night, I need to add the new kernel
anyways.  :)

>If it is too late to re-work your presentation, I competely understand.
>Perhaps I can get a bare install on the system, and bring it to the meeting
>tomorrow night, for a little post-meeting playtime.

Bring it along, we can take a look at it if this doesn't help.  There
might be something that needs to be added/removed in order to make them
work.

Bleh, back to work I go.

Tighe

--