Re: room

On Fri, 30 Nov 2001, L J White wrote:

> There are lots of folks who have quit coming to the meeting for the very
> reasons Jim mentions, and as demonstrated late month. Maybe we have should
> two meetings: one for people who like the unstructured gatherings where the
> conversation is free flowing, moving amoung topics. And one where folks meet
> with a defined agenda and purpose.  Don't misunderstand, I'm not advocating
> two separate user groups.  One group, two meetings.  You can attend one
> meeting or the other, or both!  Just some thoughts to keep the pot stirred
> up.

I'll second that opinion and offer a link.  It's what we do when we don't
have a structured meeting:

http://www.rimboy.com/bandp/

I second the opinion of Kara in that Fairview is a bad place for such get
togethers.  I'll suggest Maxwell's although they tend to get crowded the
same and don't have the space per se that this can mushroom
into.  Likewise I heard their food quality is like a linux kernel... you
just never know what you'll get in each release.

NLUG has as of late had problems with offline and often offtopic
conversations taking place during presentations (regular meetings).  It's
pretty annoying and we're not sure what to do about it.  The problem is it
makes meetings drag on longer and the after meeting socializing cut
short.

Sean...

--
Believing I had supernatural powers, I slammed into a brick wall.
	--Paul Simon