Re: DIVX & Circut City

DIVX stinks. The basic premise was that you could purchase divx movies
cheap, usually around $5. For that price you could watch the movie twice and
only on the original machine it had been "registered" from. Therefore you
couldn't just let your buddy watch this really awesome movie you just bought
unless he either came over to your house or had a DIVX machine of his own
and paid another $5 to watch it on his own machine. What a scam. Disposable
DVD!

The American public isn't that stupid after all, are they! Gee they must
have sold 3 or 4 of those players. I wouldn't even compare it to BETA. Beta
was and is a far better technology than VHS has yet to achieve ( ever looked
really close at the cameras the news crews use?) DIVX is just the same old
crap with a little scam thrown in! Sony just tried to be greedy by not
licensing the technology along the lines of, yuck, Apple.

Of course Circus Shi--y dropped it. They invented it, they spent the money
to have the machines produced and it didn't sell. Bet that was a hell of a
bon fire at the main warehouse.

End of "Why I'll never go into CC, even for a $19 12X DVD" rant

I'd always wonder how they'd scammed me.

Steve

By The Way, DIVX lives. Tried to download any AVI's lately and play them
without the shhhhhhhhhhh........
DIVX decoder?
 ha ha!