Re: MySQL documentation? solaris experience

> Got all the probs worked out with this here Sparc thingy. Solaris install
> very very slowly. Found the network though. So far so good! Mongo fix
> 'puter!
every experience i've had with solaris i have seen the same thing,
unbelievably slow, after checking a couple of sun lists i found that
everybody that uses solaris say's that if your not using a really powerfull
machine with large amounts of ram then stick with sunOS 2.6, from 2.6 to 7
the overhead jumped way up, the sparcstation 10 with 128 meg of ram didn't
have enough power to keep up with sol 7 (it was really slow), so i convinced
it's owner to go with linux on it (thanks for the red hat cd steve), after
playing with several un*x flavors i've found that anything you can do in
un*x you can do in linux easier, faster, and better (although i am fond of
openbsd for my firewalls), unless of course you have a few thousand laying
around to buy the really cool utils that make life easier, moral of the
story: only masocists use real un*x when linux can run on the machine,
unless of course un*x "Makes you wonder how the other half live" :)

Right now I'm having amnesia and deja-vu at the same time. I think I've
forgotten this before.    --Steven Wright