Matrox G450 and where to buy a machine locally

Two questions:

Does anyone have any experience with the Matrox G450 (16MB, DDR) video card
under RedHat 7.1?  I'm getting a new machine and would like to purchase this
card with it.  However, the HCL ("Hardware Compatibility List") on RedHat's site
only lists Matrox cards up to the G400.

I'd like to buy a new computer locally (STL area, within reason). I'm too much
into instant gratification to do anything mail order.  8-)
I've got to dual-boot it with Windows Me to keep my daughter happy.  8-(

At one of the places in STL they'll sell me:
-- AMD Athlon Thunder Bird 900
-- Microstar MS-6195 motherboard
-- 256 MB DDR RAM
-- 16MB Matrox G450 DDR, Dual Head video card
-- Maxtor 60 GB 7200RPM/ATA100 Hard Drive
-- Sony CDRW 12*8*32
-- Sony 52x IDE CD ROM
-- Sound Blaster 128
-- Full tower 300W Case
-- keyboard, Optical mouse, floppy, Windows Me
-- (No monitor)
For around $1,200 -- including assembly and tax.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Thanks,
Charlie