Re: XFree Question

cntrl+alt+ delete doesn't kill X, it reboots a Linux system.

To disable this nifty functionality, you need to set the
/proc/sys/kernel/ctrl-alt-del value to 1. You can either echo 1 >
/proc/sys/kernel/ctrl-alt-del, and if you wish to keep such configuration,
adjust with your sysctl.conf (or via sysctl tool).

-Kara

On Fri, 8 Jun 2001, Dav Glass wrote:

> Does anyone know how to keep X from being killed when I hit
> Ctrl+Alt+Delete ??
>
> I am trying to use VNC to connect to a Winblowz NT machine but it's
> locked, so I can get in with out the C+A+D....
>
> Thanks....

Author, RHCE Exam Cram
Director of Exam Development            http://www.lpi.org/
Site Manager                            http://www.LinuxUsersGroups.org/