Firewalls, IP Masq'ing, etc

I set up IP Masq last night for the first time.  All seems well, as it was
only one line of ipchains code to get it working.  However, I don't really
know where to go from here.  I looked at your example on stllinux.org,
Steve, and understand most of it, but have not implemented it all yet.
What's happening is, any host on the network that tries to FTP gets an
error that 192.168.0.blah:10blah, no route to host.  I'm guessing that
when FTP opens up the helper ports for transfers, etc, they're being
denied.  I would like to have everything denied, but I would like for the
connections to be granted when it's something one of the machines on my
network has aksed for.  Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Koree

Koree A. Smith  | Ameth Technologies
koree@koree.net | koree@ameth.org
     http://www.koree.net/

Nous pensons que Linux représente à terme une menace pour Windows.