Re: SuSE

You know, you'd think that ;-)

I had the opportunity, after hearing the booth people from SuSE correcting
people, to ask some of the original German SuSE people just how you were
supposed to pronounce it. I was very suprised, despite the z v/s s issue
between US and Germany, that they responded it is supposed to be "sooh'
sah" (rhyming syllables, "you" and "the") with the emphasis placed on the
sooh.

-Kara

On Sat, 3 Mar 2001, Tony Zafiropoulos wrote:

> On Sat, 3 Mar 2001, Chester wrote:
>
> > How do you pronounce SuSE?  What does it stand for?
>
> It is German, so in German it is pronounced [zuhzeh].
>
> The S sounds like an English Z in german.
>
> FYI, VW is pronounced [FowVeh]
>
> USA is Vereinigten Staaten auf America.
>

> This is the German list :), right?
>
> Forgive me, but I was born in Germany.