Re: kcontrol errors

Actually, I found some stuff on kde.org that my help me fix the problem I
was having.  It seems that often when kcontrol dies a lot, it's because of
an incorrect or corrupt ksycoca file.  I don't know what this file does,
but I used the command to rebuild it (which has escaped me at the moment).
Anyway, I won't be able to test it until I get home, but I figured if
anyone else was having the same trouble, I'd at least give them the head's
up.  The reason for all of this is that I'm un-RPM'ing my system.  I'm
finding that there are almost just as many headaches from package
dependencies as I do from compiling, so I think I'll stick with compiling.
Maybe this is a mistake, but I guess I'll find that out on my own :D

Koree
Koree A. Smith  | Ameth Technologies
koree@koree.net | koree@ameth.org
     http://www.koree.net/

Nous pensons que Linux représente à terme une menace pour Windows.