SILUG: [vim-geeks] Vim Geeks this Wednesday! New location! Free food! Git!Exclamation marks! (fwd)

In case any of you are free tonight...

----- Forwarded message from Bill Odom <billodom@gmail.com> -----

Date: Sat, 21 Jul 2012 16:22:23 -0500
From: Bill Odom
Subject: [vim-geeks] Vim Geeks this Wednesday! New location! Free food! Git!
	Exclamation marks!

Hi all. I'm sending this to those groups I think will be interested,
but please feel
free to forward as appropriate. Thanks!  --Bill

JUST THE FACTS
==============

WHAT:
    St. Louis Vim Geeks (http://vimgeeks.org/)
    - Integrating Vim & Git: Fugitive
    - Getting Way Beyond Started

WHERE:
    CAIT  ** New Location! See below! **
    http://www.cait.wustl.edu/

WHEN:
    Wednesday, July 25th, at 6:30pm

RSVP:
    http://www.meetup.com/vimgeeks/

FANCY NEW DIGS
==============

Remember how excited you were when you first heard there was a Vim group
in St. Louis? (I know -- it was a little overwhelming.) But then came the
crushing disappointment: The meetings were actually in... Illinois.

Well, the days of crushing disappointment are over! The bullheaded
Illinois holdouts (that'd be me and Steve) have finally been
coerced^Wconvinced to move the Vim Geeks meeting to the other side of
the Big Scary River.

That's right -- the St. Louis Vim Geeks are now meeting in... um...
St. Louis. Heh.

Our new home is at CAIT, a.k.a Wash U's Center for the Application of
Information Technology, and it's pretty great. Lots of space, all the
amenities, a large attached parking garage (with bonus cool spiral exit
ramp), and all in a nice central part of town that's easy to get to no
matter what part of the Greater St. Louis Area you're coming from.
There's even a MetroLink stop just a few feet away.

TOPICS & TALKS
==============

Here's what we'll be doing this Wednesday in our new locale:

- Matt Follett will take us on a tour of Fugitive, a Git plugin for Vim
  that's (to quote its not-even-slightly-modest creator) "so awesome it
  should be illegal." Even that doesn't do it justice. If you use git
  (and even if you don't currently use Vim), you owe it to yourself to
  check out Fugitive.

- Steven Pritchard and I will be sticking a little closer to the
  essentials, showing how to get Vim installed and configured wherever
  you may need it, and how to start taking maximum advantage of it as
  quickly as possible. (Okay, it's really more of an excuse for us to
  show off a whole bunch of cool stuff you can do to make Vim stand up
  and dance, all jammed into a single presentation, because we just
  can't help ourselves.)

EATS & LOOT
===========

If that's not enough to whet your appetite, then how about free food and
free stuff? We'll have lots of crazy-good pizza from Dewey's Pizza (so
don't forget to RSVP so we know how much to get), and even a few
giveaways to celebrate our change in venue.

WHEN, WHERE, & HOW
==================

We'll be meeting at 6:30pm this Wednesday, July 25th, in Classroom 24 at
CAIT. Here's the address:

    CAIT (The Center for the Application of Information Technology)
    Classroom 24
    5 N. Jackson Ave
    St. Louis, Missouri 63105

    Map: http://goo.gl/maps/b8r9

    Forsyth MetroLink Station: http://bit.ly/PuOJ6a

CAIT provides detailed driving directions and parking information here:

    http://www.cait.wustl.edu/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=37

(Don't worry about the parking permit stuff. It doesn't apply to us.)

Make sure you RSVP, so we know how much pizza to order!

    http://www.meetup.com/vimgeeks/

See you there!

Thanks,
Bill

"unsubscribe silug-announce" in the body.