Kylix -- The $99 version

I just read that sometime around mid-year, Borland will release a version of
Kylix that will release a $99 version.

Quoting here from the "LinuxToday" article:
=============================
The "open" version will be identical to the professional version, including the
full GUI RAD environment, except it will be free (beer). You'll be able to
download from Borland's web site or buy it in a shrink-wrapped box, likely with
a printed manual, for approximately $99. (Upon hearing this I advised Borland to
begin upgrading their server capacity immediately.) Like the other two versions
the open flavor will include the complete source for the CLX framework, but
covered by the GPL only, so you'll only be able to create free (speech) software
with it. The server and professional versions will have dual-licensed copies of
CLX, allowing you to create open or closed software.

Hey, that's fine with me!  I can get something to tinker with at a price that I
can afford.  If I want to create closed-source software to sell or if I can
convince A-B to drop Visual Basic, then it's time to buy the $2000 version.

I wish it was going to be available sooner, but I'm a much happier camper than I
was yesterday.

Chas