Microsoft gone - AGAIN???

Thought this was interesting.  Just tried to bring up microsoft's website-
no response.  try to ping them I get this.
Pinging www.microsoft.akadns.net [207.46.230.229] with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.
Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 207.46.230.229:     Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0,
Lost = 4 (100% loss), Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 0ms, Maximum =  0ms, Average =  0ms

Quite interesting.  Try to bring their site up by IP address, went for a
couple of minutes then timed out.  I hate to speculate but could it be
another DDos attack?

Is the fall of microsoft near? ;->

Jason