Re: Linux Study Group (fwd)

[ This was sent to silug-announce, but I figured it is probably more
  appropriate here. ]

-- Start of included mail From:  Flood Randy Capt AFCA/GCF <randy.flood@scott.af.mil>

To:  "'silug-announce@silug.org'" <silug-announce@silug.org>
Subject:  RE: SILUG: Linux Study Group
Date:  Mon, 22 Jan 2001 09:33:47 -0600

Hi all,

Sorry that I didn't make it to the meeting.  I am currently out of town.  I
will be back on 25 Jan.  I'm hoping to make it to the 4 Feb meeting, though
I am scheduled to go out of town on the 5th.

I know I wasn't very clear about the fact that I was going to be out of
town.  I appologize for this.

What did I miss at the last regularly scheduled meeting (as opposed to the
sunday meeting)?  I get the impression that something happened to make Kara
feel that she would not be missed.  My impression from the past was that
Kara and Steve were invaluable members of our LUG.  I for one am extremely
grateful to have them at our meetings.

On another note, I noticed at Red Hat's web site that they are looking for
college students to become Linux evangelists.  It looks like they will give
you 25 copies of their *latest* release to give out on a college campus.  I
was thinking that I might apply for this.  Would anyone be interested in a
demo day at a college somewhere?  Or, if not, would anyone who is taking
classes be interested in signining up for the program?

Randy