From: Steven Pritchard [mailto:steve@silug.org]
Sent: Saturday, January 06, 2001 11:12 AM
To: silug-discuss@silug.org
Subject: Re: logging in as root via telnet

> P.S.  No, I don't want to use ssh.

Yes, you do.  :-)

Red Hat 7 includes OpenSSH, and you can get Red Hat 6 rpms from

    ftp://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/OpenSSH/portable/rpm/

If you need a Windows client, try PuTTY.

There is a *long* list of reasons why ssh is *infinitely* better than
telnet, rlogin, rsh, rcp, etc. that I can go through if you don't
trust me.  :-)

(618)398-7320             | See web site for meeting details.