Re: RE: Linux PDA/Cell phone thingy

On Fri, 1 Dec 2000, Mark wrote:

> > Do you mean to say that this particular model can only do 14.4, or that the
> > maximum possible speed for a computer to talk over a cellular network, or
> > via Blue Tooth is 14.4 KBps?
>
> max possible speed for a computer to talk over a cell network is 14.4

Not if you jam it!

Seriously though... if wireless access can be come as pervasive as cell
phone coverage (provided better), be looking for me to take a road trip
across country with a webcam... in the mean time everyone can follow along
virtually :)  Oh yeah, I'd definately have APRS up and going.  I figured
14.4 would be good enough to upload an image every so often... 28.8+ would
be o so sexy.  Ideally I'd like to be able to upload picts from the
digital cam when I stop off.

Sean...
.com is *so* 1999.  I'm putting all my money into .org stocks.
		--Bill Vander Heyden, Roofer.  The Onion.