Re: masquerading (was Re: respin question please)

On Thu, 23 Nov 2000, Steven Pritchard wrote:
> So, if at all possible, find an old 386/486/Pentium box (you can find
> slow Pentiums on auction sites for less than $100 usually) and use
> *that* for your masq box.  (And make sure you shut off all services on
> that box, otherwise it defeats the whole purpose.  :)

If anyone is having *any* trouble locating 486's please let me know.  I
have them starting from sx20's on up.  I'm kinda known (albiet I'd like
not to be) as the 486 king in NLUG.  My recent haul yielded several (~10)
dell 33's in a slick desktop case.  Granted, they are 33's, but LRP should
run just fine on it.  The nice part is the fact that they are small foot
print as desktop 486's go.  I don't ask much... just ask that they go to a
good home and not the dump (although the dell's I did pay for, so I'd
like a small amount of money). That is half the reason why I'm the 486
king. Now if I could just find a use (I know, clustering).

I'm up in IL at various times and will be there from the 26th thru the
change over to ought 1.  After that it is anyone's guess. :)

BTW, I hit Pietro's on the Hill and Zapata's on W Main in B'ville while I
was home.  Zapata's was not too bad.  Y'all need to get the hookup from
Nashville... ;) (TN that is)

Sean...
.com is *so* 1999.  I'm putting all my money into .org stocks.
		--Bill Vander Heyden, Roofer.  The Onion.